[CLOSED] Weekend Dim Sum Brunch Shang Palace Shangri-la Hotel Sudirman Jakarta

What better way to enjoy the weekend than by having a hearty dim sum brunch?


IMG_7053 IMG_7055


February 8th, 2014. I came to Shang Palace, Shangri-la Hotel with my prepare-for-this-weekend-dim-sum-brunch tummy. They had this tempting offer from January 18th to December 30th, 2014. It's all-you-can-eat dim sum. Come on!!! What a nice activity to spend our day, rite.. hihihi


Every weekend, Shang Palace  invite you to delight in endless dim sum with unlimited Chinese and lemon tea. Feast on an authentic selection of Cantonese dishes, such as congee, soups, cold dishes and desserts, all featuring the bite-sized delights, both pan fried and steamed.


These amazing, unlimited options can be enjoyed for IDR 228,000 per person (including unlimited Chinese and lemon tea) every Saturday and Sunday from 11.30am to 2.30pm.


For reservations, please call (62 21) 2939 9562, send an email to fbreservation.slj@shangri-la.com


The ambiance still dominated by red and gold color. And still feel like Lunar New Year there :) Flowers, red envelopes and lanterns everywhere. Even they had gold coins below the buffet too. It's so tempting. I wanna grab all the gold coins, until I realized, okay, that's fake hahahaha..


DSC_1834 IMG_7194 IMG_7180 IMG_7183 IMG_7205


Chinese Tea


Always my favorite while digging my chopsticks into any kind of dimsums hihihi.. Chinese tea is a beverage from the leaves of tea plants boiled with water, which are ordinarily used for tea in China. The art of drinking and serving tea is an important and special event in China. It is a time to relax and enjoy the taste and the smell of the tea.


IMG_7215


Century Egg and Shredded Chicken Congee


Century egg or pidan (Chinese: 皮蛋; pinyin: pídàn), is a Chinese cuisine ingredient made by preserving duck, chicken or quail eggs in a mixture of clay, ash, salt, quicklime, and rice hulls for several weeks to several months, depending on the method of processing. I love pidan. So delicious. Congee with pidan is my favorite. Every time I went to dimsum restaurant, I had to try their congee. Especially the pork one. hohohohoho.. But I can tell you right now, that this chicken congee is very yummy. :)


DSC_1842 IMG_7130 IMG_7128


Assorted Dimsum


IMG_7123 IMG_7103 DSC_1855


Barbecued Pork Puff Pastries


IMG_7067


Deep Fried Crab Stick with Prawn Fritters


This is very delicious. I really love it. Not only like it, but LOVE it. I usually eat steamed crab stick. But, deep fried crab stick surprisingly yummy to the max. Prawn fritters makes it more tasty and more fragrant.


IMG_7077


with Steamed Barbecued Pork (Chang Fen) Rolls


I prefer this pork chang fen than minced beef or steamed prawn chang fen. Yeah rite hahaha I really love pork. Actually, chang fen is a must-order menu in dimsum for me. Chang fen is rice noodle roll. The rice noodle is also known as chee cheong fun where chee cheong means pig intestine, and fun means noodle; this is because the noodle resembles the small intestine of a pig.


IMG_7082


And other dimsums


IMG_7085 IMG_7088 IMG_7091 IMG_7095 IMG_7099 IMG_7159


Fried Mushroom in Black Vinegar Sauce


IMG_7065


Crispy Battered Prawns with Mayonnaise


这是非常好吃 (Zhè shì fēicháng hào chī) - this is very delicious hahaha I wanna grab the plate and hide it in my tummy. I wanna eat all of them. OMG. I didn't wanna share!! Love the crispy prawns, love the mayonnaise, love them all.


IMG_7080


Assorted Desserts


IMG_7048


Oven Baked Mini Egg Tarts


This was too sweet for me, and the tart was not as soft as I imagine.


IMG_7050


Sesame Balls


IMG_7052


with Chinese Red Bean Pancake


Whoaaaa.. I don't like red bean very much. Always skeptical about food with red bean hahaha.. But, when I saw the pancake, I was curious about the taste. So, I encouraged myself to try it, and I wasn't sorry. It was delicioso.


IMG_7139


Chilled Mango Pudding


IMG_7162


Ice Creams with assorted topping


IMG_7211 IMG_7059 DSC_1833


Thank you Shang Palace for this wonderful brunch. See you in the next event. Ciaoooooo..


Shangri-la Hotel Jakarta
Shang Palace Level 1
Kota BNI JL. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Jakarta, 10220
Tel: (62 21) 2922 9999
FB Fan Page: Shangri-La Jakarta
twitter: @ShangriLaJKT

Comments

Popular Posts