[CLOSED] ELICXIR Artisan Gelato

February 11th, 2014. I went to Elicxir Artisan Gelato which is located in Plaza Indonesia. They had this pop-up store, and should move to another mall in about 4 months. I heard about Elicxir for the first time, around mid September. Three months later, they already had 2 outlets. What a breakthrough!!


IMG_7267 IMG_7362


It's the first time I went to Elicxir. They decorated the place so beautifully. With flowers and everything pinky hihihi.. Why pink? Because it's February, month of love, Valentine's day :)


IMG_7241 IMG_7242 IMG_7232 IMG_7236


I really like the place. It's a small place but very cozy. You can see from their wallpaper, their seat, their cute trinkets and also their open kitchen, for you to see how they make the gelatos and everything.


IMG_7361 IMG_7264 IMG_7231 IMG_7255 IMG_7272


What makes Elicxir Nitrogen Gelato outstanding? Elicxir Gelato uses -197 degree celcius Liquid Nitrogen that is often used in medical science to flash-frozen the liquid gelato. Instead of waiting for five hours like traditional ice cream preparation, they cut short the process into less than two minutes. Liquid Nitrogen is tasteless so it does not impair the custard (liquid gelato) taste. It only freezes it in a very short time, creating smooth and creamy texture without any ice crystals. It has been widely used for Molecular Gastronomy cooking by top Michelin-star chefs around the world. The use of Liquid Nitrogen is perfectly safe and has no side effect towards health. It is even safe for pregnant women. They obtain the Liquid Nitrogen from highly certified suppliers specializing for food and medical industry. All staffs are also carefully trained to minimize any risk in handling the cool chemical. "Treat it like hot boiling water," that is what they always advise.


From Ambon to Netherlands


Banana Cream gelato made from fresh Ambon banana meet Holland honey gingerbread cookies. The taste of the banana is so strong, but I still can taste the gingerbread. It's not my favorite, but for those who like banana and gingerbread that are mixed together, you will find it interesting.


IMG_7298


Everything About Marie


Marie Regal gelato with crushed Marie bits and a piece of Marie Regal biscuit on top. This is so delicious. Not new flavour, but it didn't surprise me when they said it's favorite. It reminds me of my childhood moment, when I always ate the marie biscuit for snacks.


IMG_7310


Toast My Jam


French toast gelato with a shot of Srikaya Jam.  It was very unique. The srikaya jam was put in a hypodermic needle and you injected it to the gelato :) A little bit horror for me because I am phobic to needle hahahaha.. But, I really like srikaya jam, so I tried to face my phobia, and tried it :) Great flavours!! French toast and srikaya jam, perfect combination.


IMG_7318


Love on Top


Red rum gelato base, strawberry milk gelato and cream cheese foam with love velvet cookies. This one was Valentine's Special Menu :) Put your love on top of everything. It's really love on top, because you can see the heart-shaped gelato on top of it. Don't forget to put a little love velvet cookies too :D


IMG_7323


Elicxir wasn't only serving gelato. They have eclair and choux too. They fill them with gelato. They have 2 flavours.


Milo Dinosaur and Banana Nutella


I felt like a child. I had to choose milo over nutella. OMG!! *sat in the corner and cried out loud* Hmmm.. they were so mean to me. Huhuhuhu.. Ok, I will eat them both :) Cannot choose. Sorry. Let me tell you about the taste. Legen.. wait for it.. dairy!!!


IMG_7333 IMG_7346IMG_7335


Thanks Elicxir :) See you in the next event.


ELICXIR Artisan Gelato Plaza Indonesia 5th Floor #019 (Across Pancious) Jl M.H. Thamrin Kav 28-30 Jakarta 15350, Indonesia Phone: 021-29923717 FB Fan Page: Elicxir Gelato twitter: @ElicxirGelato

Comments

Popular Posts