[CLOSED] Genji Shoppe Pop-Up Store

April 16th, 2014. I went to Pondok Indah Mall. Hmm.. yeah, it's quite far from my apartment. But, I went there for a special reason. Yes yes, you must have read about it. It's because of Monde!! Monde from Khong Guan was launching a pop-up store which is using Genji Pie as their basic product. Genji Pie is a heart-shaped biscuit, which was very famous. I think everybody knows about it. Ok, back to the pop-up store. It was called Genji Shoppe. When I heard about the place, I thought it will be inside the street gallery, but I was wrong. It was located outside.


IMG_1635 DSC_1770 IMG_1636


And when I finally arrived there, I was stunned by the store. It was simple but very cute. And I really loved their illustrations all over the place. 5 young artists literally spilled their creativities. Rukmunal Hakim, Lala Bohang, Ykha Amlez, Muhammad Taufiq (EmTe) and Monica Hapsari. You can click on their name directly to their instagram. Gorgeous arts! Well done guys!


DSC_1768 IMG_1688


Now, will you let me show you around the store? The store wasn't big. But the mural arts around the store made it enjoyable to take pictures, and it became a lot more interesting when you came into the store. I won't show you the whole store, just some decorations among the key reason why you should come to this only-one-month-pop-up-store. Yes, they just had a grand opening on 12th April 2014, and only open for a month, until 11th May 2014. So hurry up!


IMG_1693 IMG_1633 IMG_1630 IMG_1623 IMG_1625 IMG_1689


“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” ― Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden


IMG_1624


“Hello, is it me you're looking for?” or “Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me, maybe!” Those songs were all over my head when I saw this telephone box. But after I finished the songs *in my head*, I just looked at it and imagined Superman came out and said, "Up Up and Away!!!" Wow, what a crazy mind I have *again, in my head* :D


IMG_1686


Live Laugh Love! “Live like there is no tomorrow, Laugh like no one is listening, Love like you have never been hurt.” “Live every moment. Laugh every day. Love beyond words.” Well, those 3 words are the things that make me happy.


IMG_1684 IMG_1687


There are some Genji Pie biscuits for sale.


IMG_1615 IMG_1616


If you wanna sit and relax, just go outside. They provide tables and seats. You can chit chat a little bit after shopping. But remember, they have limited seats, so come early..


IMG_1706 IMG_1705IMG_1683


And here's their new creations..


IMG_1708


Sweet-Sweet Love 35k


Heart shape melting brownies in between original genji pie, balancing the sweetness with raspberry tartness. Greed is good, when it comes to melting brownies. The pretty appearance of this sweet-sweet love will make you wanna capture it all day long. But it's such a dilemma too, because, trust me, you just can’t wait to sink your teeth into it! It is so irresistible. The texture of the melting brownies will make you fall in love all over again.


IMG_1662 IMG_1665 IMG_1678


Magic Cinnamon Pie 28k


Crispy Genji pastry with assorted spiced fruit. For those who loves cinnamon, you should try this one. It looked so puffy you'll be amazed by the crispiness. The assorted spiced fruit added the sweet flavour, made this cinnamon pie tasted like magic in your mouth.


IMG_1648 IMG_1651


Ratatouille Goes Berries 25k


A sweet combination of cream cheese and fresh blueberries, with genji base crust. Hmm.. cream cheese. Actually it's my least favourite. The texture was a little bit too moist for me. But overall it will be a favourite for those who loves cream cheese. But I like the appearance. It looked beautiful.


IMG_1640 IMG_1642


Sleeping Beauty 25k


Mini genji pie hidden inside a moist, a la minute, strawberry pinkish sponge cake. Made fresh when ordered. Served with a choice of chocolate or strawberry sauce, this one was pretty delish for me. Well, first I thought it was an ice cream. Then, when I dig my spoon, I thought it was marshmallow. But turns out, it was sponge cake. Wow, fooled me! Haha.. And, I found a hidden treasure inside it. Mini genji pie. Yeah, cute one.


IMG_1667


This Is Not A Martini 25k


Layered of white and chocolate mousse, a perfect combination to share with loved ones. Dipped your original genji pie inside. It's a Tiramisu. Not a Martini, of course hahaha.. This one deserves a standing ovation. Amazing to say the least. My favourite :) This flavours of tiramisu and the texture of mousse create an unforgettable treat. Don't forget to dip the original genji pie. Classic!


IMG_1671 IMG_1670


When Sour Meets Choco 32k


Sweet lovers addict, layered of genji with chocolate malt enriched with hazelnut, finished with chocolate ganache blanted and spring fruits salad. This one was to die for! Looked adorable. I took one bite and about fell out of my chair. Hahaha just kidding. But true, it's a delicious adventure I had when I put this one in my mouth. The sweetness from chocolate and the sourness from fruits salad. Are you kidding me?! Awesome!


IMG_1646 IMG_1647


A Bag of Love 20k / 100 gr


Salted Caramel or Chili Chocolate. This is a mini version of the original genji pie. Put 2 genji pies together, apply salted caramel or chili chocolate, and it becomes Mini Genji Pie Sandwich. Make a bunch of it, and poof! A Bag of Love. Hahaha.. But tell you the truth, it's addicting!! Order this one, sit and relax, a couple of minutes, poof! It's all gone. *wink wink*


IMG_1655 IMG_1657


Wow, what a nice experience. You can make your own creation too with ice cream (1 scoop, 2 scoops, 3 scoops), sauces (chocolate, pink chocolate sauce, white chocolate sauce) and toppings (marshmallow, peach, strawberry, pistachio, blueberry, almond, raspberry, sprinkles).


Don't forget to take home some of the creations for your loved ones. Their packaging was beautiful too.


IMG_1709


Genji Shoppe Pop-Up Store
North Entrance Lobby Street Gallery
Pondok Indah Mall 1 extension
Jakarta Selatan
FB Fan Page: Genji Shoppe
twitter: @genjipieid

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts